Re: linux-2.5.30uc0 MMU-less patches

From: Matthew Wilcox (willy@debian.org)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 08:50:34 EST

Some constructive criticism...

 - the Makefile changes seem terribly inappropriate.
 - you probably didn't mean to include page_alloc2.hack in the diff

 - Do you really need your own copy of fbcon.c? Can it be merged with the
   one in drivers/video?
 - arch/m68knommu/console/68328fb.c should probably move to drivers/video
   too.
 - ditto most of the other files in the console directory ...

 - Why are the changes to rd.c required?
 - I'm not sure it's appropriate to include the changes to nfs2xdr.c --
   is this a toolchain bug you're working around?

 - drivers/char/mcfserial.c needs to be converted to the new serial core
   and moved to drivers/serial.
 - ditto arch/m68knommu/platform/68360/quicc/uart.c

I'll look at the change you want to make to locks.c - I'm not terribly
fond of that interaction either.