Re: [RFC] Race condition?

From: Kasper Dupont (kasperd@daimi.au.dk)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 12:13:30 EST

Oliver Neukum wrote:

> Am Freitag, 2. August 2002 15:46 schrieb Kasper Dupont:
> > Is there a race condition in this piece of code from do_fork in
>
> It would seem so. Perhaps the BKL was taken previously.

I guess you are right. Looking closer on the following lines
I find a comment stating that nr_threads is protected by the
kernel lock, but I don't see a lock_kernel() anywhere in this
code. How about the next code using the nr_threads variable,
is that safe?

--
Kasper Dupont -- der bruger for meget tid på usenet.
For sending spam use mailto:razrep@daimi.au.dk