Re: AIO together with SMPtimers-A0 oops and freezing

From: J.A. Magallon (jamagallon@able.es)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 17:35:50 EST

On 2002.08.06 Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 07:20:29PM +0200, Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:
>> Hi Ben, Hi Ingo,
>
>> Ben, I am using your AIO 20020619 patch + relevant fixes from the AIO
>> mailinglist together with your patch Ingo, SMPtimers-A0.
>
>Hmmm, the only problem I can see in the aio code wrt timer usage is
>the following. Does this patch make a difference? If not, I'm guessing
>that the problem is something in SMPtimers-A0 that aio happens to
>trigger. The only timer aio uses is for the timeout when waiting for an
>event, and the structure for that is put on the stack.

Hmm, I forgot to comment, but I apply smptimers on top of latest -aa, that
includes aio (is it different implementation?), and the kernel works fine.

--
J.A. Magallon             \   Software is like sex: It's better when it's free
mailto:jamagallon@able.es  \                    -- Linus Torvalds, FSF T-shirt