Re: kernel BUG at tg3.c:1557

From: Willy Tarreau (willy@w.ods.org)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 08:08:25 EST

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 02:14:37PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> I've never been able to get a broadcom chipset ethernet card stable on a
> dual athlon with AMD 76x chipset. I have no idea what the problem is
> although it certainly appears to be PCI versus main memory ordering
> funnies.

have you tried it in a 5V slot ? My DL2K nearly doesn't work at all in
3V slots: it sends hundreds of packets, and the driver needs to be unloaded
then reloaded. In a 5V slot, at least, it hangs really later :-/

At first, I thought it came from a problem with the 64bit slots, but I had
problems with this card only on 3V slots on other machines. Although it's
not a broadcom chipset, the problem may be similar.

Cheers,
Willy