Re: Idle curiosity: Acting as a SCSI target

From: J.A. Magallon (jamagallon@able.es)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 17:49:00 EST

On 2002.08.07 Jesse Pollard wrote:
>Eli Carter <eli.carter@inet.com>:
>>
>> Based on a conversation I had recently, my curiosity got piqued...
>>
>> I'm not really sure how to query google on this, and didn't turn up what
>> I was looking for because of that, so here's the random question:
>>
>> Is there a way to make a Linux machine with a scsi controller act like a
>> scsi device (is the correct term 'target'?) (such as a disk) using a
>> local block device as storage?

Do not know about the software, but hardware allows it. Old mac laptops
were pluggable that way and one could see the other one disk. It was not
a symmetric connection, one laptop acted as disk, but worked...

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon@able.es>      \                 Software is like sex:
werewolf.able.es                         \           It's better when it's free