Re: Linux TCP problem while talking to hostme.bkbits.net ?

From: Meelis Roos (mroos@cs.ut.ee)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 03:40:08 EST

> The problem is that checksum in tcpdump is OK.
> This smells really bad.
>
> I feel you have to hunt where exactly the segment is dropped
> and TCPInErrs is incremented.

Things got stranger. The symptoms started to appear on other connections
too (slashdot web for example). TCP bad packet count increased and no
success was made. I did a reboot with the same kernel (2.4.19+bk of some
state, 4. Aug probably) and it just started to work with the same kernel
image.

Now I will test and see if the symptoms appear again after some days.

--
Meelis Roos             e-mail: mroos@ut.ee
                        www:    http://www.cs.ut.ee/~mroos/