Re: IDE? IDE-TNG driver

From: David Lang (david.lang@digitalinsight.com)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 19:03:31 EST

A couple things in favor of a monlithic kernel.

there is a slight performance advantage becouse the calls don't
have to be far calls

there is a slight memory advantage becouse you don't have the fraction of
a page of ram lost per module

with a monolithic kernel there's no chance of making a mistake and trying
to use incompatable modules with your kernel (and before you say that this
can be fixed with the kernel build remember that for many people the build
machine is not where the kernel will be run)

David Lang