Re: OT: Drive cages for high density IDE drives in rack cases.

From: Jason L Tibbitts III (tibbs@math.uh.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 16:55:52 EST

MD> I'm looking for a source for those 3.5" to 5.25" adapters that let
MD> you put three IDE 3.5" drives in a full height 5.25" space. Or
MD> even a 4-5 in 3.

www.rackmountnet.com. They have both 3 drive/2 bay and 5 drive/3 bay
trays. See these (sorry for the long URLs).

http://www.rackmountnet.com/rackaccessories/rackaccessories_raidsystems_BRIDE23&BRSCA23.htm

http://www.rackmountnet.com/rackaccessories/rackaccessories_raidsystems_BRIDE35&BRSCA35.htm

No affiliation, just a customer of theirs. (I use the 16-disk 4U
cases which include something like these trays.)

Do note that where the 3ware enclosures are all metal, these have
significant plastic. You must also check that the drives you want to
put in them will fit. (The drive plugs directly into a circuit board,
so the drive's connector must be located in a certain place.)

 - J<