bttv-driver: help required with new card

From: M G Berberich (berberic@fmi.uni-passau.de)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 02:59:43 EST

Hello,

I have a framegrabber to work with linux (2.4.18). It's a BT878
device and I have a lot of questions :(

a) It does not use the muxsel-bits in BT848_IFORM but some bits in
   BT848_GPIO_DATA to select video-input---so seems to be a quite
   unusual device.

   Should I make switch(btv->type) statments in bt848_muxsel?

b) several registers have to be initialised to other values then
   usual, to make the card work.

   At the moment I'm doing this in bt848_muxsel, but I would like to
   move to a place where it is not executed every time I switch input
   Is init_bt848 the right place?

   (The framegrabber should generate sync-signals and provide them to
   the cameras allowing to switch between cameras in 40ms, so
   initializing the chips every time would not work)

c) It does not identify with PCI_SUBSYSTEM_ID/PCI_SUBSYSTEM_VENDOR_ID
   (gives 0xffff). Any other way to autodetect it?

d) Who is the bttv-maintainer?!

        MfG
        bmg

--
"Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!"          | berberic@fmi.uni-passau.de