2.4.20-pre2-ac4 IDE is slow

From: Rob Speer (rob@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 12:59:45 EST

I think I remember someone else bringing up this same issue, in which
case I'm sorry to have to ask again, but I can't find the message.

I'm going from 2.4.19 to 2.4.20-pre2-ac4 and the hard drive is noticably
slower in the new version. (It doesn't use DMA in either version - I
wish it did in ac4, but that's a separate problem.)

What I seem to remember from the other message is that there's some
parameter that can be changed to bring the speed back up. Could someone
tell me what it is?

If it helps: output of hdparm /dev/hda

/dev/hda:
 multcount = 0 (off)
 IO_support = 0 (default 16-bit)
 unmaskirq = 0 (off)
 using_dma = 0 (off)
 keepsettings = 0 (off)
 readonly = 0 (off)
 readahead = 8 (on)
 geometry = 77557/16/63, sectors = 78177792, start = 0

--
Rob Speer