Re: Combined performance patches update for 2.4.19

From: conman@kolivas.net
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 19:53:23 EST

Quoting Paolo Ciarrocchi <ciarrocchi@linuxmail.org>:

> Hi Kon,
> I've just tried your patch with a fresh 2.4.19.
> here it goes the dmesg output,
> there is something wrong with preempt:
>
> note: consoletype[499] exited with preempt_count 1

Yes if you read my FAQ you'd see this is a known issue. I need some higher help
to sort this out

> BTW, thank you for your great work!!

My pleasure, but really the hard work is done by the developers!

> I'm also testing the compressed cache (the
> patch you've discarded, and I got good performance!)

I'm thinking of eventually merging the latest version of this into 2.4.19 too
since it can be enabled or disabled. Depends on the demand.

Con.