Re: Preempt note in the logs (and patch)

From: Dag Nygren (dag@newtech.fi)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 04:58:17 EST

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, Dag Nygren wrote:
> > just installed the preempt stuff on a 2.4.19 here
> > running on a laptop and keep getting the
> > "dreaded" exited with preempt_count 1
> > messages.
> > there is modprobe,kdeinit,aplay,less,find,grep,automount
> > and others misbehaving.
>
> Not much. That's just unclean preempt.

Anyway I cannot have it on the laptop so I made the sysctl patch
I was talking about myself (The one that switches that message on
or off. The default is on as wo. the patch)

It is diffed against a kernel with the ck2 patch applied,
ie. lowlatency+preempt.

Here it is, if you are interested out there:

Best from Finland

--
Dag Nygren                               email: dag@newtech.fi
Oy Espoon NewTech Ab                     phone: +358 9 8024910