Q: Howto access the keyboard in a linux system without a graphics card ?

From: Kai-Boris Schad (kschad@correo.e-technik.uni-ulm.de)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 04:43:14 EST

Hi !

I'm trying to set up a small embedded system for gps receiving with a linux
system. I want to have the system working without a graphics card - wich
works well. The Problem I have at the moment is to access the keyboard
without a graphics card, because the console driver does not start then (
Also a redirect doesn't work then :-( )
Is there a way to access the keyboard in this case by a user program ?
The system recognises the keyboard ( I think Kernel and init) and reacts if
ctrl-alt-del is pressed.

Thanks for your help !

Kai

--
Kai-Boris Schad
University of Ulm, Germany

http://www.uni-ulm.de/icic email:kschad@ebs.e-technik.uni-ulm.de phone +49/731/50-31581 fax +49/731/50-31599 - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/