Re: 2.5.31 SCSI problem w/solution

From: Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 23:17:43 EST

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 12:04:38AM -0400, dtonks wrote:
> Hi,
> When trying to compile module for sym53c416 I received an error
> 'address not in structure'. I traced this to - asm-i386/scatterlist.h.
> It is missing - char * address - at the beginning of the structure. I
> copied scatterlist.h from 2.4.18 and it compiled fine.

Please don't call this a solution. The char * address item is no longer
valid, so adding it back to the header won't make the driver work, it just
makes it compile and then write garbage all over your disks the first time
you try to use it.

--
  Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>     919-754-3700 x44233
         Red Hat, Inc.