(no subject)

From: Milton Miller (miltonm@bga.com)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 18:32:51 EST

At Fri Aug 30 2002 - 12:54:37 EST Krzysiek Taraszka (dzimi@pld.org.pl) wrote:
> Great work, but in 2.2.22rc2 powerpc's still broken.
> First of All Sources have got a lot of unsed stuff.
> For example look like that:
>
> [dzimi@cyborg linux]$ rgrep -n -R '*.*' 'CONFIG_PPC64' .

Doesn't sound like -rc (release canidate) changes.

> Second kernel-2.2.21 still have got time init problems in symbios driver
> on powerpc platform.
> I send to you my ugly hack witch work, but IMHO he's ugly ;) I need to do
> it correct.

> Third, kernel for powerpc boot and work on g3-266 but on g3-333 Ops ...
> (kernel traps, kernel wrote: Caused by SRR1 or somethink like that, in 2.3
> i saw #define FIX_SRR1 macro ...)

Well, SRR1 doesn't cause traps, but it does help tell you why they occurred.
And the FIX_SRR1 stuff isn't the solution either if you look at it closer.
How about a decoded oops? Also, you didn't say what platform you were using.

As far as the open-pic changes you posted, how about explaining what your
trying to fix (partly hidden by the rename and move to chrp_setup.c from
open_pic.c)?

I see you are wrapping the 8259 checks, but it also refers to a few new
functions/macros I didn't see defined.

How about discussing these problems and patches over at
linuxppc-dev@lists.linuxppc.org ? (I set the reply-to there).

milton