Re: setpci is no changing values

From: joerg.beyer@email.de
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 05:41:12 EST

joerg.beyer@email.de schrieb am 31.08.02 23:14:39:
> Hi,
>
> I have some trouble with a laptop's NIC (it's a 8139C realtek chip, I use the rtl8139 module). With
> a lot help I think the problem is tracked down to a problem with the PCI bus bandwidth.
With the help of Mark Hahn I figuerd out, that the problem was the Bridge
setting, not the NIC setting.

The VT8363/8365 Bridge was blocking/slowing down the bus.
After allowing this device to do fast back-to-back writes
it works _much_ better, i.e. no more errors on the NIC.

If I encounter no negative effects of this setting, then I consider
this a working setup.

    Thank you very much for you help!
    Joerg