Re: [BK-PATCH-2.5] Introduce new VFS inode cache lookup function

From: Jan Harkes (jaharkes@cs.cmu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 10:22:29 EST

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 06:20:44AM +0100, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
> 2) It will return inodes that are I_FREEING or I_CLEAR. I will have to
> test for these in NTFS and then iput() to wash my hands clean of such
> garbage. And if I am not mistaken, the iput() actually will BUG().

If that is the case iget is broken. Perhaps it should test for these
states in find_inode (and find_inode_fast) and never return them. Are
those types of inodes still on the inode hash?

> 4) If anything, as Christoph Hellwig suggested to me on #kernel,
> iget{,5}_locked() should be reimplemented in terms of my ilookup()
> implementation and not vice versa. (-:

Well, considering that this function (modulo the I_FREEING|I_CLEAR test
is identical to the first 10 lines in iget5_locked, this could call that
function. Ofcourse iget_locked is using the 'fast' version of find_inode.

Jan