Re: writing OOPS/panic info to nvram?

From: Morten Helgesen (morten.helgesen@nextframe.net)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 07:02:41 EST

Hey, Roy

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 01:50:21PM +0200, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> hi
>
> I just read in the OS X.2 technote

So did I :)

> (http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2053.html#TN001016) that
> they're writing the panic dump to nvram.
>
> Is it hard to implement this on Linux?

Doesn`t look like too much work. As far as I can see, from a quick
glance, we have everything we need at hand - just have to write a snippet
of code in traps.c. I`ll give it a whirl now.

> roy
> --
> Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester
> ProntoTV AS - http://www.pronto.tv/
> Tel: +47 9801 3356

== Morten

--

"Livet er ikke for nybegynnere" - sitat fra en klok person.

mvh Morten Helgesen UNIX System Administrator & C Developer Nextframe AS admin@nextframe.net / 93445641 http://www.nextframe.net - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/