Re: [linux-usb-devel] Feiya 5-in-1 Card Reader

From: Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 17:56:00 EST

>> Matt, is it ok with you for me to add this patch to the tree?

> I'd like to hold off a few more days while I try to find out what the
> 'secret sauce' that the other OSes use for a device like this.

Hmm. You do not confuse two situations, do you?
In the past few days I made two devices work.

One was a Feiya 5-in-1 CF / SM / SD card reader
(Vendor Id: 090c, Product Id: 1132, Revision 1.00).
It returned a capacity that is one too large, and becomes
very unhappy if one tries to read a sector past the end.
So, a flag was needed to tell that the result of READ CAPACITY
needs fixing.

The other was a Travelmate CF / SM / SD card reader
(Vendor Id: 3538, Product Id: 0001, Revision 2.05).
It became unhappy when MODE_SENSE asked for too much data.
A patch on sd.c solved this.

Andries