Re: [BUG] __write_lock_failed() oops

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 03:45:02 EST

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 01:32:40AM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> (gdb) p/x $eax
> $25 = 0xc0331ca0
> (gdb) p &tasklist_lock
> $27 = (rwlock_t *) 0xc0331ca0

The NMI oopser is going here as well (nmi_watchdog=2 for extra safety)
so I suspect the tasklist_lock semantics are behaving badly. But it's
not easily reproducible enough to test a quick attempt at a fix if it
can't be recognized a priori.

This is literally so difficult to reproduce it hasn't been seen in 2
releases. kgdb is still going and dhowells is helping me fish stuff
off the stack.

Cheers,
Bill