Re: 2.4.19-ac4 build problem

From: Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 11:26:44 EST

<offtopic, your site keeps refusing my direct email due to a procmail
configuration bug on your site>

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 01:00:33AM -0700, Peter wrote:

> In that case, let's add this to the help screens for the three device
> types (CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBDEV, CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV, CONFIG_INPUT_JOYDEV),
> after the current text:
>
> For the drivers to link correctly, you must make the same selection (Y or
> M) here as for the USB Human Interface Device (full HID) support.
>
> Under CONFIG_USB_HID, likewise add after the current text:
>
> For the drivers to link correctly, you must make the same selection (Y or
> M) here as for Input core support.

That sounds reasonable.

> That said, I suggest that Input core support menu be moved into the USB
> support menu, where these dependency relations can be automated and made
> visible to the user.

No, the Input core is separate from the USB code, it does not belong in
that menu.

> I apologize for not submitting a patch -- it's a skill I lack.

Take a look at Documentation/SubmittingPatches, it should help you learn
those skills :)

thanks,

greg k-h