RE:Re: ide drive dying?

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 19:17:25 EST

Hell.Surfers,

Because when I was booted out of 2.5, effectively, the API for DFT was
deleted. So you take away the means to make it work, and they stop moving
that direction. Now that -AC series has the API, and 2.5 will see a full
return of it, I now have to restart the process to motivate them again.
However since Hitachi may end up buying out IBM's disk manufacturing
business and their product lines, I now have to go an try an court (old
dating term for the post 70's crowd) Hitachi.

Now, what do you want?

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net wrote:

> Why don't IBM do a Linux version? Don't they have a linux firmware utility? I thought IBM had a campaign to support linux...
>
> Thanks. Regards, Dean McEwan. OpenModemTalk creator.
>
> On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 19:19:21 -0400 (EDT) David Forrest <drf5n@mug.sys.virginia.edu> wrote:

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group