Odd problem with ACPI and i386 kernel

From: H. J. Lu (hjl@lucon.org)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 17:35:39 EST

I have a very strange problem with ACPI and i386 kernel. I built an
i386 kernel with ACPI for RedHat installation since my new P4 machines
needs ACPI to get IRQ. It works fine on my ASUS P4B533-E MB with Intel
845E chipset. However, on my Sony VAIO GRX560 which is a P4 1.6GHz
with Intel 845 chipset, the machine will reboot as soon as the kernel
starts to run. I tracked it down to CONFIG_X86_INVLPG. If I enable
it, kernel will be fine. Has anyone else seen this?

H.J.