Re: side-by-side Re: BYTE Unix Benchmarks Version 3.6

From: Paolo Ciarrocchi (ciarrocchi@linuxmail.org)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 17:56:45 EST

From: Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz>
[...]
> > APM, and I pressed the shift key every few minutes,
> > therefore no powersafe.
>
> That still means APM bios calls when idle, right?

Yes, you are rigth.
But again, with Byte Unix version 4.1 I got much
more intersting result with no "strange" numbers,
I tried that test few hours ago,.
I know I can disable APM from both the kernel and the BIOS but I'd like to test the kernel I use in "daily" usage. What do you think about it? Do you suggest me to use a different configuration when I run the test?
And, what are the "best" benchmark?
I use dbench, LMbench, and Unix Bench Ver4.1.

Cheers {ciao},
           Paolo