Re: Patch?: linux-2.5.33/drivers/block/loop.c update

From: Adam J. Richter (adam@yggdrasil.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 07:20:47 EST

        Here is an update to my loop.c changes.

        Herbert Riedel reported memory corruption typically of single
bytes when using a loop device backed by a file on an XFS filesystem
on a multiprocessor. I believe was due to lo_aops_send doing its call
to flush_dcache_page before writing to the effected memory rather than
after, which is what my new patch does. Herbert says that he may not
have time to retest for a little while, so I thought I ought to post
this update in case anyone else wants to comment or test.

        Also in this version, <linux/loop.h> exports loop_iv_t, which
Herbert requested to simplify cryptoapi maintenance.

--
Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   575 Oroville Road
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  Milpitas, California 95035