Re: XFS?

From: Joe Kellner (jdk@kingsmeadefarm.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 17:29:24 EST

Quoting Thunder from the hill <thunder@lightweight.ods.org>:

> It has been stated quite regularly that XFS
> a) doesn't always work like it should yet

I use XFS on a number of production servers, and it has always served me well.
The only problem is of course getting a kernel that supports XFS. I'm glad many
of the more mainstream linux distributions are starting to have support for XFS
 support "out of the box", but I feel until it's in the mainline kernel many
people will never even have a chance to try it.