Re: [BK] ReiserFS changesets for 2.4 (performs writes more than 4k at a time)

From: Hans Reiser (reiser@namesys.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 14:38:52 EST

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Oleg Drokin wrote:

>>>So lets wait for 2.4.21pre for this one.
>>>We already have enough stuff to be tested on 2.4.20-pre for reiserfs.
>>>

>>Please pick up at least the fixes from
>>bk://thebsh.namesys.com/bk/reiser3-linux-2.4
>>I am removed everything related to reiserfs_file_write from there now, so you
>>can just do a pull.
>>

>Huh, now that I released -pre6 _with_ this stuff by accident its too late.
>Silly me.
>
>Can you make me a tree which backouts the big write code please?
>
>Will be releasing a -pre7 shortly due to that.

We'll send it to you. Oleg has gone home and trying his cell phone does
not reach him, but hopefully he will read his email before bedtime.

It is not the end of the world though if this goes in.... Oleg sent it
out for testing, a user hit a bug, and then he fixed the bug and it
worked for the user. It passed testing by Oleg and Elena and some
unknown number of users on our mailing list. If you are going to
release in less than 10 days, then it needs to be yanked back out
though. If you want to yank it back out anyway, I also understand.

For now we will assume you want it out, and we'll send you the reverse
for it.

Hans