Problems with 2.4 and 2.5 with KVM/mouse

From: Stephen Hemminger (shemminger@osdl.org)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 19:00:31 EST

I have two machines on a KVM and when I switch between them the mouse
pointer goes wacky and causes random clicks. This has always been
somewhat of a problem when both machines were running 2.4 but there was
a workaround. If I switched consoles (alt-F1, alt-F7) then the mouse
would restore back to correct behaviour.

Now, on my test machine running 2.5 the mouse works until I do a KVM
machine swap. Then the 2.5 machine never clears up the mouse wackiness
and the only choice is to reboot.

The mouse is a Logitech optical mouse with a wheel "Wheel mouse". The
mouseconfig is the same on both machines. The KVM is a Belkin four port.

Probably the simplest is to buy another mouse or switch to USB...