Re: 2.4.19 SCSI core bug?

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt (benh@kernel.crashing.org)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 04:41:17 EST

>1. we need to come up with a way of reasonably handing SCSI medium
> errors if we are going to use the READ10 command with the FUA
> bit clear.
>
>2. we could just set the FUA bit and bypass the drives on-board
> cache completely.
>
>Note that the only reason I've found this is because my HBA drives
>are _really_ pedantic about checking that all expected data does
>in fact get transferred by the drive.
>
>I wonder how many other drives out there are buggy like this. 8/

What about setting FUA on the next command after an error ?

Would this work or may the disk really keep stale data around ?

I don't have a recent SCSI spec at hand, but is there a command
we can send after an error to force a cache flush & invalidate
or will it only flush dirty datas to platter and not invalidate ?

Ben.