(no subject)

From: Jim Sibley (jlsibley@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 16:41:18 EST

>Only if you assume that a bunch of users tries very hard to use up all the

resources...

Not true. A sudden surge in legitmate traffic can stretch the limits
unwittingly or a new legitmate appliation can stretch the limits in an
unexpected way. If there is such a surge, who has priority?

I have cause similar random behaviour 1) if I have a lot users doing little
things, 2) a few big users doing big things, 3) a mix of users doing
various things or 4) one users doing bad things. And in any of the cases,
I have no say in whose going to get killed.

And I don't have to try very hard and I don't have to be the super user.

Regards, Jim
Linux S/390-zSeries Support, SEEL, IBM Silicon Valley Labs
t/l 543-4021, 408-463-4021, jlsibley@us.ibm.com
*** Grace Happens ***