Lost Interrupts, if you have them ...

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 10:40:24 EST

If you have this problem w/ the -ac patches or any other version, I want
to know. Please contact offline as I will ask you to send a list of
information. There is a lot of noise and I am searching for the signal
part of the issue.

I can only find two settings which can cause the issue predictable.
hdparm -c2 or -c3 /dev/hdX

I can not reproduce the lost interrupts at some of the reported rates
recently. I can produce them under certain situations, but not at a
predicatble rate. This is not a simple race to find.

It is looking like a possible OS v/s device race for interrupt delivery.
More likely the device issues the interrupt w/ out the handler being
armed.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group