Re: 2.5.34-mm4

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 13:56:14 EST

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Andrew Morton wrote:

> - In -ac, there are noticeable stalls during heavy writeout. This
> may be an ext3 thing, but I can't think of any IO scheduling
> differences in -ac ext3. I'd be guessing that it is due to
> bdflush/kupdate lumpiness.

This is also due to the fact that -ac has an older -rmap
VM. As in current 2.5, rmap can write out all inactive
pages ... and it did in some worst case situations.

This is fixed in rmap14.

(I hope Alan is done playing with IDE soon so I can push
him a VM update)

regards,

Rik

Spamtraps of the month: september@surriel.com trac@trac.org