Re: 2.4.18 serial drops characters with 16654

From: Dan Christian (dchristian@mail.arc.nasa.gov)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 13:24:24 EST

This still isn't getting at the core problem. I'm sending data out the
port and dropping characters. The receive works fine.

It can't be a problem with the receiving device being over-run, since
the 16550 works (even though it sends several bytes after CTS drops),
and the 16654 doesn't (it stops after the current byte).

I think that data must be lost when the receiving device drops CTS.
Either this is a hardware flaw (and data is lost from the transmit
FIFO), or there is some kind of race condition between the CTS drop and
re-loading the FIFO.

-Dan