Re: [2.5] DAC960

From: Dave Olien (dmo@osdl.org)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 16:25:05 EST

Daniel

Here's my latest progress on my changes to the DAC960 driver.

I spent Tuesday banging my head trying to figure out why data blocks
written to disk to SOMETIMES were read back with DIFFERENT data.
On wednesday, I changed from using Linux 2.5.34 to using Linux 2.5.36.
My bad data problem went away with that change. There must have been
an important change in the 2.5.36 BIO code.

However, this change uncovered a yank-put error in my version of the
driver's shutdown notification function. The version I mailed you will
print out messages about "bad dma" when you try to shutdown.
That code is freeing some dma structures to the wrong dma pool.
 Apparently Linux 2.5.34 never called that function.

I'm about to test changes to put the command and status mailboxes
into dma memory regions. I'll run some tests on it
over the week end, and mail you a new set of changes on Monday.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!