Re: IDE janitoring comments

From: Richard Zidlicky (rz@linux-m68k.org)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 04:27:32 EST

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 05:28:03PM -0700, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Poke in your own special ide-ops function pointers.
> This should have been allowed on a per chipset/channel bases.

I need different transfer functions depending on whether drive
control data(like IDENT,SMART) or HD sectors are to be transfered.
Control data requires byteswapping to correct bus-byteorder
whereas sector r/w has to be raw for compatibility.

So that will require 2 additional iops pointers and some change
in ide_handler_parser or ide_cmd_type_parser to select the
appropriate version depending on the drive command.

Richard