[BUG] apm resume hangs on IBM T22 with 2.4.19 (harddrive sleeps forever)

From: Karel Gardas (kgardas@objectsecurity.com)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 05:58:11 EST

  Hello,

I have problem with resume from suspend on IBM T22 with kernel 2.4.19
patched with rmap-14a and usagi-20020916. Actually the problem is that OS
resume well from suspend (it prints some messages to console for example
from FW droping some packets), but harddisc is still sleeping and never
wake up...

Kernel is compiled with frame-buffer support and I always run XFree now at
version 4.1.0. I've tested suspend/resume cycle with X and without them
but the behavior is still the same - harddisc sleeps forever (or to reset)
- as I said kernel seems to run, there is 50-70% chance that console
(graphics) resume well and so I'm even able to type some command into
xterm (like cd /usr; find), but then it hangs on sleeping harddisc. Magic
system request keys are working too.

Kernel is compiled with Debian's gcc 2.95.4/binutils 2.12.90.0.1. Full
config is attached to this email. I have to add that I've not experienced
such problems with 2.4.18 - patched with older version of usagi and
rmap-12<something> yet. It always waits a bit after resume, but harddrive
is always finally woken up.

Any other information which I have to provide you for better debugging
this problem?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Karel

--