Re: Very High Load, kernel 2.4.18, apache/mysql

From: Ernst Herzberg (earny@net4u.de)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 15:25:08 EST

KeepAlive On # that is ok
MaxKeepAliveRequests 1000 # that is too high. No Client will request such count. Check your Pages:
How many Images/Frames/etc you nee per request? Should not reach 100 ;-)
KeepAliveTimeout 15 # that is the key, but that is dangerous. Too high, and you will run out of MaxClients.
But you see that in serverstats ('K')

On Donnerstag, 26. September 2002 21:27, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Marco Colombo wrote:
> > On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Ernst Herzberg wrote:
> > > MaxClients 256 # absolute minimum, maybe you have to recompile apache
> > > MinSpareServers 100 # better 150 to 200
> > > MaxSpareServers 200 # bring it near MaxClients
> >
> > KeepAlive On
> > MaxKeepAliveRequests 1000
>
> That sounds like an extraordinarily bad idea. You really
> don't want to have ALL your apache daemons tied up with
> keepalive requests.
>
> Personally I never have MaxKeepAliveRequests set to more
> than 2/3 of MaxClients.

<Earny>