[OT]Raw Disk Support?

From: Mark Hounschell (markh@compro.net)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 08:38:16 EST

 Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. Just figured you all would know the
answer for sure.

I have a need for an application I'm writing to be able to read raw data from
scsi disk drives that were used on an old Proprietary OS. (MPX-32). These disks
are formatted at a 768 byte sector size. All disks using this OS were formatted
at a 768 byte sector. Is there any way that I can read the raw 768 byte sectors
with Linux?

I guess first, will a Linux scsi driver let me read 768 byte sectors and second
is there raw disk device support such that I can read these disks without a
known filesystem type being on them?

Thanks in advance and Regards

Mark