SWSUSP and occasional keyboard/X locks (not GPM)

From: brian@parcoursesoftware.com
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 20:23:31 EST

I'm running 2.4.18 vanilla with swsusp patches. I've disabled GPM
and suspend/resume works well.

However, occasionally when my laptop resumes everything appears ok,
but the keyboard and mouse (touchpad) don't respond. If I ssh
in via the ethernet I can kill X and keyboard control comes back.
(this is the same behavior I saw with GPM was missing things up)
(I've actually removed the gpm executable from my machine)

I use the 'susp' script to suspend the machine which knocks out most
of the known problems with software suspend.

I'm running XFree86 4.2.1.

My laptop is a Sony VAIO FXA32 w/Duron 900MHz and 384MB RAM.

You can have a look at the susp script at

    http://www.litzinger.com/susp

Any ideas?

--
Brian Litzinger

FREE Bug & Support Tracking tool http://www.ParcourseSoftware.com SFA, CRM, HelpDesk, Engineering: Small Company to Multi-National Enterprise Crossplatform: MS Windows, Linux, Solaris, Macintosh, mix & match - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/