2.5.39 XConfig Processor Detection

From: Adam Voigt (adam@cryptocomm.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 08:20:21 EST

Apologies if this has already been noted or if I'm posting
this to the wrong place/annoying you very busy people needlessly,
but when I run XConfig, in the "Processor Type and Features" tab
it autodetects my processor as a Pentium-4 when in fact it is a
P3 700MHZ. The last time I installed a kernel (2.4.x) by hand, it did
autodetect the processor on that machine (Athlon), so I assume that
feature is still active. Anyways, here's the output from my cpuinfo:

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 8
model name : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping : 3
cpu MHz : 701.606
cache size : 256 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips : 1399.19

Thanks,

Adam Voigt