swsusp 2.4.18 vs 2.5.40

From: brian@worldcontrol.com
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 22:48:25 EST

Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz> writes:

>Yep, swsusp is not really meant to work in 2.4.X. Get latest 2.5.X...
>and add IDE patches so it does not eat your disk...

Ok, I've compiled and tried 2.5.40.

Zip. Nada. swsusp doesn't show up at all. If I compile with SMP
turned on I get a message about swsusp being incompatible with
SMP. Running UP it doesn't show up in the boot log, though it
looks to be compiled.

It also doesn't show in the SysRq help list.

echo'ing things to /proc/acpi/sleep does nothing.

--
Brian Litzinger