Re: export of sys_call_table

From: John Levon (levon@movementarian.org)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 06:42:47 EST

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 11:32:21PM -0600, Brian F. G. Bidulock wrote:

> You do know that there *is* open source code which is not
> contained in the Linux kernel ;)

I think the fact that downloading the kernel source, applying a patch,
fixing the conflicts, and rebooting, can be a significant PITA for
admin/developers has completely passed them by.

> development kernels only), because the symbol is no longer
> exported and no registration procedure was provided for
> registering otherwise non-implemented system calls (in
> particular the UNIX98 and iBCS/ABI standard putmsg/getmsg
> calls).

Look, why don't you submit the module-loading patch for LiS already ?

Btw, anybody know what the BKL is actually protecting against in
sys_nfsservctl ?

> And what about AFS? I see that it uses a sys_ni_syscall slot as
> well...

I thought it got fixed last time round.

regards
john

--
"Me and my friends are so smart, we invented this new kind of art:
 Post-modernist throwing darts"