[ANNOUNCE] LKCD for 2.5.40

From: Matt D. Robinson (yakker@aparity.com)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 18:03:32 EST

Hi, all:

These are the patches (9 in all) for the Linux Kernel Crash Dump
modifications for 2.5. This allows crash dumps to be built as a
module in the kernel and also includes a breakdown of a few of the
changes needed in the kernel. The current version will allow for
block dumping, and has the ability to readily integrate network
dumping (a la Red Hat).

The big debatable issue I can see right away is the dump_in_progress
addition to schedule(), which can certainly be moved out or modified
to appease people wanting a tight scheduler loop.

Please accept these patches or provide feedback on how we can
modify them for acceptance. Thanks,

--Matt