Re: tg3 and Netgear GA302T x 2 locks machine

From: Ben Greear (greearb@candelatech.com)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 01:03:19 EST

David S. Miller wrote:
> From: James Morris <jmorris@intercode.com.au>
> Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 11:20:06 +1000 (EST)
>
> On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, David S. Miller wrote:
>
> > You reported the other week problems with two Acenic's in
> > this same machine right? The second Acenic wouldn't even probe
> > properly. And the two Acenic's were identical.
>
> FWIW, my GA302T seems fine with the kernel he originally reported
> (2.4.20-pre8).
>
> Yes but are you running parallel pktgen streams on two
> tg3's? :-)

Heh, tis true, I'm abusing them horribly. ;)

So far, the tulip driver and DFE-570tx & Phobos NICs are the only
thing I've found that can stand up to my tests... (e1000 pukes,
old acenic pukes (after quite a while), tg3 pukes, at least currently...

I'll try this this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ben

> Ben, by chance, does reverting the patch below cure your problems?

[patch snipped]

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>