Support for Mount Rainier / Packet Writing

From: Jure Repinc (
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 15:25:24 EST

Hi all.

Now that feature freeze is just around the corner I would like to ask
you if we will get support for packet writing in the 2.6/3.0 kernel. It
would be especialy nice to have support for Mount Rainier which enables
easy use of CD-RWs and that would help people (especially newbies) that
use CD-RWs a lot.

There are some patches from Jens Axboe that are available here:

Are patches these OK for this or would support have to be completely

Thanks in advance for any information about this important feature for
many people.

Live long and prosper!

- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to More majordomo info at Please read the FAQ at