Re: kernelNFS(lockd) problem and patch suggestion

From: Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 18:51:40 EST

> After taking a look at the code I realized that the lockd
> thread sets grace period and then goes to sleep for a long time
> waiting for messages and the first message always gets
> processed before checking if the grace period has completed

Please could you rediff using the '-u' option and drop the MIME
attachment thingy (See Documentation/SubmittingPatches).

Patch otherwise looks quite correct, so once the patch format is OK
then, by all means send it off to Marcelo and (if you could bang up
the same patch for 2.5.x) to Linus too.

Cheers,
  Trond