Re: Mouse/Keyboard problems with 2.5.38

From: Stian Jordet (liste@jordet.nu)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 12:18:06 EST

tir, 2002-10-08 kl. 10:17 skrev Vojtech Pavlik:
> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 02:20:49AM +0200, Stian Jordet wrote:
> > man, 2002-10-07 kl. 22:01 skrev Vojtech Pavlik:
> > > On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 09:55:10PM +0200, Stian Jordet wrote:
> > [snip]
> > >
> > > In that case you should have reminded me of your problem. I tend to
> > > forget when e-mails accumulate beyond a couple hundreds. ;)
> >
> > I kinda did, in a polite manner. Perhaps I was to polite :)

> > [snip}
> > > I still don't like this behavior - the keyboard shouldn't reinitialize.
> > > Can you repeat the same with I8042_DEBUG_IO?
> > >
> > > I definitely wasn't able to reproduce this here with very violent
> > > bashing at my keyboard. And l/r alt-pageup works here just fine.
> >
> > Ok, this is very weird. I tried many times that first boot, and it
> > wouldn't crash what so ever. Ok, it came up with some errors, but I
> > couldn't get it to crash. After a recompile with debug enabled,
> > everything went totally nuts. It didn't crash, but if I pressed S (or
> > what ever key) I would get a screen full of that. Everything was crazy.
> > But still no crash. I rebootet, still same behavior. Then I turned of
> > debugging, and compiled again. And this time it started crashing again
> > (!). I have no idea why, but now it's like it have always been. I have
> > tried several times, used a fresh kerneltree, and patched again, no
> > help. Freezes just like before. I will try some more tomorrow (I'm going
> > to university in five hours), but I really can't understand what have
> > happened.
> >
> > Thanks anyway for you work :)
>
> I really wonder what your keyboard sends for those keys. To avoid the
> freeze (and rescanning of the keyboard), you should be able to
> comment-out these lines in atkbd.c:
>
> case ATKBD_KEY_BAT:
> serio_rescan(atkbd->serio);
> return;

It didn't help at all. I just tried 2.5.41 instead of .40, and now I get
an Oops. Earlier it just froze. Should I write it down?

I'm starting to feel a little embarassed since I'm the only one with
this problem. It's not reallt a big deal, I can boot with i8042_direct,
and it works fine.

Thanks :)

Best regards,
Stian Jordet