Re: Re: New BK License Problem?

From: Roberto Peon (robertopeon@sportvision.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 13:30:44 EST

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 11:32 am, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Roberto Peon wrote:
> > Good thing Linus was attached to the "Its amazing what you can do when
> > you don't know you can't do it" philosophy instead of the "If it could
> > have been done, it would have been done" POS philosophy.
>
> It all depends on how much risk you want to take and how
> much you have to lose.
>
> If all you can lose is some of your own time and energy
> there's nothing wrong with attempting something where
> everybody else has failed over the last 15 years.
>
> On the other hand, I wouldn't take that risk if I were
> running a business and had to make money to live...

I agree with this. The only thing I was disagreed with was your statement
which basically came down to:
If it could have been done, it would have been done.

Hell, the risks of starting up an open-source/service based company *are*
high, which is precisely why I won't try to start one up anytime in the
immediate future.

-Roberto JP
robertopeon@sportvision.com