Re: The end of embedded Linux?

From: Alexander Kellett (lypanov@kde.org)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 02:37:25 EST

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 04:27:19AM -0700, jw schultz wrote:
<mid-sentence snip>
> You might look into something like using the adeos
> nano-kernel to host linux and the device controll
> software as seperate contexts with a communications
> interface between them.
<snip>

This talk of adeos reminds me of something that i'd
"dreamed" of a while back. Whats the feasability of
having a 70kb kernel that barely even provides support
for user space apps and is basically just an hardware
abstraction layer for "applications" that can be
written as kernel modules?

mvg,
Alex