Re: Input - Only try to enable extra keys if user requested it [2/3]

From: Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@suse.cz)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 06:37:38 EST

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 12:45:31PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 12:01, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> > Don't try to enable extra keys on IBM/Chicony keyboards as this upsets
> > several notebook keyboards. Until we find a better solution how to detect
> > who are we talking to, we rely on the kernel command line. Use
> > atkbd_set=4 to gain access to the extra keys.
>
> Surely this also wants a runtime option, or do you assume its fixable
> somehow ?

I hope I'll be able to find a way how to distinguish between the
notebook keyboards and the extra-key keyboards.

I'm developing a keyboard/mouse analyzer module. ;)

On the other hand, 2.4 doesn't support this feature at all.

So rebooting or reloading the atkbd module should suffice for now.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs